It’s compact and offers clever shade for compact spaces
If you have a small space and wonder how you could maximise the area, the item you could be missing is wall mounted shade. In this article, we will introduce you to the innovative concept of a wall mounted umbrella and how these could revolutionise your outdoor space.
Introducing The Wall Mounted Umbrella
The Wall Mounted Umbrella…a revolutionary solution designed for compact spaces. A wall mounted umbrella maximises both your comfort and space without compromising shade.
- You can say goodbye to the dilemma of protecting your patio or balcony from the sun’s harsh rays, as this perfect balcony umbrella has got you covered.
- Its ability to rotate and tilt follow the sun ensures that you can make the most of your patio or balcony throughout the day.
- Wall Mounted Umbrellas are designed to mount off the side of your home, apartment or venue. With their streamlined design they can fit in any space.
What features and functionality should I expect from a wall umbrella?
The Shadowspec Retreat™ is a wall mounted umbrella offered by Shadowspec, providing clever shade for compact spaces. For this article, we will use examples from the Retreat™ to demonstrate just how functional a wall mounted umbrella is. The Shadowspec Retreat™ has been designed from the wall up (forgive the pun) to provide effortless shade where you need it most.
Using in-house design philosophy Shadowspec have created an umbrella that offers not only functionality and convenience where you need it, but is also sleek and elegant to provide comfort to your space. Some of the key features of the Shadowspec Retreat™ Umbrella:
- SHADOWLIFT™ – Gas Assisted deployment for an easy Lift,
- SHADOWTILT™ – Protects from low-angled sun rays on those long hot afternoons.
- SHADOWREACH™ – Extends away from the wall for maximum shade reach.
- Dynamic Rotation allowing shade for the duration of the day.
So you may be thinking well, I don’t have a balcony, can I put this umbrella anywhere else?
Yes you can. They’re crafted to be mounted on the side of your home, apartment, on a post, pillar or anything with a flat vertical surface. The versatile design fits in almost any space you can imagine. Not only this but they can pack away so small they are almost unnoticeable.
Whether you have a cosy backyard or a bustling outdoor venue, these umbrellas can be installed wherever you need them with no intrusion on floor space. If you need shade while maximising floor space, we recommend a wall mounted umbrella no matter what style your outdoor space is.
Whether you are a commercial restaurant or just a backyard burger fan, these umbrellas can assist in providing the perfect ambience and comfort for you and your diners.
So how big is this umbrella?
Let’s talk about patio umbrellas, market umbrellas and garden umbrellas—the go-to size is 2.7m or 8’10” in diameter, with that classic round shape. Most wall mount umbrellas including the Shadowspec Retreat™ come in this size.
The 2.7m Hexagon canopy provides ample shade coverage for you, your friends, and all your outdoor furniture. While being a comfortable and spacious canopy size, it is still versatile enough to fit into a wide range of areas giving you the best of both worlds.
If you’re spending the money you want to make sure you’re buying quality, right?
We agree, and recommend you view your shade solution as a long-term investment.
The Shadowspec Retreat™ is a perfect example of a high-quality product, built from marine-grade materials.
For you, this means you will receive a long-lasting shade solution with no rusting, fading or UV damage.
Let’s break down the components of the Shadowspec Retreat™ Umbrella so you can see what impacts the price of a wall mounted umbrella…
1. The umbrella canopy:
Starting at the top the Retreat Canopy is made from Olefin Texsilk fabric
- This fabric is designed to be durable, hardwearing and handle a wide range of weather conditions. The fabric is mildew resistant which is essential for areas that receive heavy rainfall.
- Sun safety is a must when looking for outdoor shade and the Retreats texsilk canopy offers UPF 80 rating, blocking more than 97% of the suns rays.
- These Texsilk fabrics are solution dyed. This is the best way to pigment outdoor fabrics for longevity and colour fastness.
- The fabric is also chlorine resistant so no need to hesitate in installing one above your spa or pool.
- In addition to all this, the manufacturer, Texsilk, is a zero-waste company using renewable energy resources and using fewer resources to make a better product.
Included with your Shadowspec Retreat™ Umbrella is a protection cover to provide additional protection to your canopy when not in use.
2. The wall mount umbrella frame:
- The Retreat Frame is made from anodised aluminium and 316 stainless steel, ensuring longevity and sturdiness. These marine grade materials will not rust.
- Crafted with attention to detail, the Shadowspec Retreat™ wall mounted umbrella combines strength, user-friendliness, and stunning aesthetics.
- They are hand-built, with the highest quality control measures quality in certified factories, ensuring the product delivered to you is in top condition, every time.
3. So what should expect the price to be?
Well we recommend you read through our article – How much is a wall mounted umbrella?
Here are a few of the main points to note when looking at the pricing of a wall mounted umbrella.
- When it comes to purchasing a wall mount umbrella, you’ll find a range of prices and options out there. Prices for wall mount umbrellas vary from $300 all the way up to $2,300.
- For more indepth detail on the pricing of the Shadowspec Retreat™ Umbrella you can view our price article here –
- The Shadowspec Retreat™ Umbrella sits in the middle of that price range, offering you a great balance between affordability and quality. But it’s not just about the price—it’s about the value and trust that come with the brand.
- Shadowspec offer an all-round 3-year warranty on both the frame and fabric of the Shadowspec Retreat™, giving you peace of mind.
- You know the saying, “You get what you pay for”? Well, it holds true in almost every situation.
After-care for your umbrella:
All outdoor umbrellas should be cleaned and maintained often. Daily checks are recommended every time you use the umbrella and a 6-monthly full check-up will ensure everything is well and good.
Shadowspec have a comprehensive guide on how to clean your umbrella. We recommend taking the time to read this before purchasing your shade solution – Routine & Preventative Maintenance Checks (shadowspec.com)
Caring for your umbrella will make all the difference to its longevity and life span.
Interested in purchasing a wall mount umbrella? Contact us today